Honolulu is the capital city of the U.S. state of Hawaii. It is also the largest city in Hawaii and it has the most important harbor. It is on the south-east shore of the island of Oahu.
Honolulu harbor was called Kulolia before foreigners came. The first foreigner was Captain William Brown of the English ship Butterworth, in 1794. He named the harbor Fair Haven. Other foreign captains is started calling it Brown's Harbor. The name Honolulu was used some time after that.
Kamehameha III made Honolulu the capital city of the Kingdom of Hawaii in 1850. It was also the capital of the Republic of Hawaii and the Territory of Hawaii. It stayed the capital when Hawaii became a state in 1959.
- Ferdinand Marcos, President of the Philippines from 1965 to 1986, died in Honolulu
- Bruno Mars, singer, was born in Honolulu
- Nicole Scherzinger, singer, was born in Honolulu
- Jason Momoa, Actor currently lives in Honolulu
Crispy on the outside and super moist on the inside, this Sensational Sausage Stuffing is a Thanksgiving dinner must-have. Once your guests get a taste of this flavor-packed stuffing, they're definitely going to want a second spoonful!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot chicken or turkey broth