Good 50º super cloudy dark morning.
The rain started just after 9am yesterday. I had a phone conversation with Pat Reardon, LASD ret and lives in Idaho, and he said it was raining up there and he'd send it down here. It worked!
Then in the later afternoon it started coming down harder.... we got 1/2" so far. More today.
This is interesting about Wyatt Earp:
Look at the size of these animals! OMGOSH!!!!
5 Minute Beef Stirfry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups warm cooked rice
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ginger, garlic, and beef; cook 2 minutes, or until beef is browned. Add red pepper, snow peas, and onion and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Pour into wok and cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Historically this date............
1896 – In Athens, the opening of the first modern Olympic Games is celebrated, 1,500 years after the original games are banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius I.
.... and here I am at the Panathinaaiko Stadium on October 31st 2009....
And births this date include...
............ Look at that fokker go! :o)
1941 – Don "The Snake" Prudhomme, American drag racer
1969 – Paul Rudd, American actor
Yesterday Brian took Dash to work. Here he is all snuggy and napping in Brian's office!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
It might be surprising to know that of the 13 governors in the newly established United States; nine were Scots. There are 56 signatures on the Declaration of Independence. Some scholars suggest nearly a third of those signers were of Scottish descent.