Yellow margarine is illegal in Missouri...
This antiquated law from the 19th century somehow has survived until today. Nobody really knows why this law exists. They think that it could have something to do with protecting butter-making farmers way back in the day, but regardless, it could land you a half a year in jail today.
You can legally marry the dead in France...
In France, you can legally marry a dead person, as long as you were engaged to them before they died. This one is just all kinds of wrong, like, who would ever actually go through with this?
Driving a dirty car is illegal in Russia...
Forgetting your wife’s birthday in Samoa...
Our markets are filled with convenient items that let us cook from scratch without having to do a whole lot of work. We used some of these shortcut ingredients to make our Chicken Potpie. Yep, that tasty, flaky crust is made from a refrigerated pie crust!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into -inch chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 package (15 ounces) rolled refrigerated pie crusts
***Since this potpie gets really hot and bubbly, we suggest placing a cookie sheet under it while baking, to catch any drippings.