Good 46º clear morning.
Yesterday the smoke actually left....
By late afternoon it was back in and we stayed in the 80's and topped at 87º.
Picture of the Day - Shared by Ellen (Naugle) Pantalone (Wilsonite)... and there will be several more... Loved this one..
Interesting about Budweiser Beer....
In 2008, Anheuser-Busch had a market share in the United States of 50.9% for all beers sold. Budweiser brands account for about half of Anheuser-Busch's sales volume, a figure which has been steadily declining at 1–2% per year. 1⁄2
From Donna, The Slow Roasted Italian...Honestly, I may just start roasting it in the oven. It is crazy easy. Sweet corn made even more fabulous by roasting in the oven.
- 8 ears corn, cleaned
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place corn on baking sheet. Reserve about 1/2 of the butter. Spread remaining butter on the whole ear of corn. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper (I use about 1 teaspoon of each).
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until starting to brown. Turn corn occasionally. Remove from oven and spread remaining butter over the top of the corn. Sprinkle with more pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- We also love to add a dash of cayenne pepper. The best way to do that is to place 4 tablespoons butter in a small dish. Add desired amount of cayenne pepper and mix together. Smear butter on corn and then continue with recipe.
Historically this date.....
1543 – Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned"Queen of Scots" in the central Scottish town of Stirling.
1776 – The Continental Congress officially names its new union of sovereign states the United States.
1791 – Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States, is named after President George Washington.
Happy Birthday California~
......oh, how I remember that! He was singin' and shakin' his booty! OMGOSH!
1971 – The four-day Attica Prison riot begins, which eventually results in 39 dead, most killed by state troopers retaking the prison.
And births this date include....
Gee willikers, what a charming looking cranky old man! Of course I struggled reading War and Peace, and he had to write it!
1923 – Cliff Robertson, American actor (d.2011)
1951 – Tom Wopat, American actor and singer
Every famous Hollyweirdo should have at least one mug shot in their repertoire.
1966 – Adam Sandler, American actor and comedian
... with wife Jackie.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
Today is also... (just for you Karen 'Sugar Bear"!)