Tightwad was originally called Edgewood, for the woods near the original town site.
The village's unusual name is said to stem from an episode in which a store owner cheated a customer, who was a postman, by charging him an extra 50 cents for a better watermelon. Some sources claim the transaction involved a rooster rather than a watermelon.
This Asian spin on classic meatballs is the perfect dish for you and your gang to wake up those taste buds. Chinatown Meatballs are the perfect combination of sweet and sour that'll be your new favorite dish!
- 1 (10-ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (35-ounce) package frozen meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen diced bell peppers and onions
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions