Good 44º cloudy foggy morning. Yesterday we topped at 49º.
Throw Back Thursday... our house December 10, 2001:
This is fun... what your fav dessert says about your personality...
My favorite dessert is pie.... well, cheesecake, and key lime, and pumpkin.... So, it said this about me:
"As a passionate pie eater, you're understanding and wise, but still a real goofball." !!!!!
Yesterday was over the top exciting. Drove into RR for some chicken to cook for Dude, pick up mail, get prescription, and a stop at ACE for cracked corn. Dude was a happy camper to just get to ride. He LOVES riding in the car!
This is divine!
French Onion Chicken Pasta Casserole
8 oz uncooked fettuccine noodles, broken into thirds
1/4 cup butter
6 cups halved and thinly sliced sweet onions (about 2 large onions)
1 T chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 T all purpose flour
2 1/4 cups beef flavored broth (from 32oz carton)
2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (8oz)
2 T butter, melted
1 cup Italian style Panko crispy bread crumbs (from 8oz box)
1. Heat oven to 350º
2. Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
3. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package
4. In non-stick skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over med-high heat and add onions, thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Reduce heat to med and cook 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions start to brown
6. Sprinkle flour over onions and cook 1 minute.
7. Stir in broth, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Simmer 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened.
8. Remove pan from heat and stir in chicken and cooked pasta... mixing to combine.
9. Add half the mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with remaining pasta mixture and remaining cheese.
10. Cover and bake 20 minutes
11. In small bowl mix topping ingredients
12. Remove cover from baking dish and sprinkle topping over all. Bake 5-10 minutes until topping is golden and mixture heated through.
Historically this date....
.... LOVE riding those!!!
1958 – "Greatest Game Ever Played" – Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York's Yankee Stadium.
...........sad sad sad day!! "Monkey Wards" a fav place to shop!
And births this date include....
1856 – Woodrow Wilson, American politician, 28th President of the United States, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1924)
My High School named after him! Our school mascot was a Mule~! LOL.
Of course Sue Shewalter and I were inside
the mascot running around on the football field, but did anyone get a picture? No.
1934 – Dame Maggie Smith, British actress
1954 – Denzel Washington, American actor
1972 – Adam Vinatieri, American football player
I am totally addicted to Schwans Chicken Fries!! So I cooked some and made a dipping sauce from Prego Cheese Sauce and added in Deliciou Bacon Seasoning...... (which is made in Australia and can be purchased through their site https://www.deliciou.com/ )
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo