Good 44º foggy morning.
In the morning yesterday the clouds moved in, with still a tad of blue sky.
The rain came on and off.... we got about 1/4".
Yesterday, before the rain, Bruiser was out stalking.... or just waiting for some critter to show up to chase!
Yesterday was surgery day for two friends... Alice Reardon, wife of the infamous Pat (LASD ret) had hip replacement surgery. The doc said it all went super well as planned. She's going home today. Just a few hours after her surgery Pat said Alice was up and walking with a walker. That amazes me!
^Alice with her daughter Barbara
Also, my hair girl for 20 years, Leah (Moran) Marmorato, had gallbladder surgery. Her dad Mark, said the surgery was quick and she's home. Yes!!
^Leah with her mom Julie and dad Mark
Picture of the Day..... comfy bed!
Interesting about Blue Whales....
Blue whales are the largest baleen whale species--in fact they are the largest animal in the world. Blue whales can grow to be about 100 feet in length and may weigh around 200 tons. They are mottled bluish gray, with broad flat heads and a small dorsal fin located in the last fourth of the body.
Newborn blue whales are about 23 feet (7 meters) long and roughly 30 tons and can add 200 pounds a day. During this time, the calves feed on milk from their mothers. The milk can contain 50% fat and the calves may drink more than 600 liters per day. That's the equivalent of more than 158 US gallons.
Blue whales are the largest animals to have ever lived on Earth with some individuals reaching lengths of nearly 100 feet.
A blue whale heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle and pumps 10 tons of blood through the massive blue whale body. A blue whale aorta (the main blood vessel) is large enough for a human to crawl through.
Blue whale blows, also called spouts, consist of air and water and rise about 30 feet high.
From Mr. Food....
In Fargo, ND, a hot dish is basically a warm-ya-up, comforting casserole that's bursting with goodness. We think we hit the nail on the head with our recipe for Fargo Hot Dish. It's a layered casserole that features hearty noodles, ground beef tossed with tomato sauce, a savory cheese filling, and more. Now you can enjoy a taste of Fargo hospitality wherever you are!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned; drain off excess liquid. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pepper; heat 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt; mix well.
- In the baking dish, layer half the noodles, half the meat mixture, half the cream cheese mixture, and all the spinach. Repeat layers with noodles, meat mixture, and cream cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until heated through. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Special anniversary today, Jim (ret Washoe Co. Sheriff's Dept) and Dawn Forbus are celebrating. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDS!
Historically this date............
1818 – The United States Senate ratifies the Rush-Bagot Treaty, establishing the border with Canada.
1945 – More than 7,000 die when the German refugee ship Goya is sunk by a Soviet submarine torpedo.
Good Lord! 7,000!!!!!
1962 – Walter Cronkite takes over as the lead news anchor of the CBS Evening News, during which time he would become "the most trusted man in America".
And births this date include...
1924 – Henry Mancini, American composer (d. 1994)
1935 – Bobby Vinton, American singer
I liked him as Lew Alcindor better!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!!!!!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo