Good 33º SUPER foggy ice on the barn roof morning.
Downtown Grants Pass....
And down on I-5.....
Of course we've started off foggy... every morning. Again also we got some sun by noon. Happy Dude!!!
Happy Throw Back Thursday.... This is Sami at 18 months starting her gymnastics! This March she will be 11 years old!
Picture of the Day...... LOL.... taking a bath in puppies!
Yesterday on my blog I put a story of Johnny Carson and his history. My son Brian called me and told me that Carson had left millions of dollars to charities, something I had not heard about. Apparently it was a secret for many years. So I did some research and found this site...
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
from the Slow Roasted Italian
Simply the BEST EVER Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup in 25 Minutes! This easy recipe is bursting with fabulous flavor, tender chunks of chicken and veggies. Tis the season for runny noses and coughs. Not to mention the crazy weather our northern friends are having.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock (or 8 cups water and 4 tablespoon chicken base)
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) bag extra broad egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large (8 quart) saucepan over medium high heat, add butter. One butter is melted add the carrots and celery to the saucepan and stir. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and chicken. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add egg noodles and cook until al dente (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Add parsley and pepper. Stir and serve!
- This is a great soup to make ahead and freeze. Let soup come to room temperature before putting it in the freezer. I like to place a layer of plastic wrap over the soup to help prevent freezer burn.
- The noodles will break apart when you reheat it, so if preferred you can freeze the soup without the noodles and toss them in the pot when you are reheating it. Thaw soup in the refrigerator over night. Bring to a boil add egg noodles and cook until al dente.
Special day today.... pal Karen and her hubby Herman Baertschiger are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDS!!! oxox
Today was also the wedding day of my parents, Leslie and Margaret Laney, in 1926 in Tombstone Arizona! No pictures of their wedding, they eloped to the county seat .... mom had been living in Bisbee. This is them in 1944.....
Historically this date.......
1876 – The United States orders all Native Americans to move into reservations.1930 – 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
1957 – Eight people on the ground in Pacoima, California are killed following the mid-air collision between a Douglas DC-7 airliner and a Northrop F-89 Scorpion fighter jet.
Died from lung cancer.... dem damn cigarettes!
A phone call from my neighbor Frank yesterday that Cindy had passed away. She had made it through her and Frank's 42nd anniversary on Tuesday. She was surrounded by her family, including her parents, and died peacefully. Rest in peace Cindy. Your suffering is over and you will be forever missed and loved. xo
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo