The team's fortunes gradually improved as they won five National League West titles and reached the World Series twice, in 1984 and in 1998, but lost both times. The Padres' main draw during the 1980s and 1990s was Tony Gwynn, who won eight league batting titles. They moved into their current stadium, Petco Park, in 2004.
On August 20, 2020, the Padres became the first team in MLB history to hit a grand slam in four consecutive games.
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen cooked chicken chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package frozen garlic bread sticks, heated according to package directions
2001 – Civilian aircraft traffic resumes in the U.S. after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
1857 – Milton S. Hershey, American confectioner (d. 1945)
1939 – Richard Kiel, American actor (d.2014)
1944 – Jacqueline Bisset, British actress
1956 – Anne Geddes, Australian photographer