Good 32º cloudy foggy no ice anywhere morning!
The predictions for yesterday's weather was snow and rain...
We did get rain for awhile, but not a lot, maybe 1/4 - 1/2". Predictions all off!
Throw Back Thursday............Thanksgiving 1989 collage with my Dad, Leslie Laney, and Brian and Kristen. Daddy passed away in 1991.
Yesterday I picked up my vacuum cleaner from Norman. He got it working great and the cost was super low and reasonable!! Thanks Norman!!! If you are in the area, Rogue River, Grants Pass, etc... he's the one to take your small appliances to for repair. 541-476-3612.
P.S. besides his short stint in a law enforcement/security detail in Redondo Beach, he was a Marine in Viet Nam, and he also has and rides a Harley! One more thing in common! And, the cat he says bites everyone jumped on the counter again when I was there and let me pet her. So sweet!
Picture of the Day..... hmmmmmmmmmmmm............
Interesting about national seat belt laws...
No enforcement for adults (primary enforcement for minors)
Secondary enforcement; primary under certain ages
Most seat belt laws in the United States are left to the states. However, the first seat belt law was a federal law, Title 49 of the United States Code, Chapter 301, Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, which took effect on January 1, 1968, that required all vehicles (except buses) to be fitted with seat belts in all designated seating positions. This law has since been modified to require three-point seat belts in outboard-seating positions, and finally three-point seat belts in all seating positions. Initially, seat belt use was voluntary. New York was the first state to pass a law which required vehicle occupants to wear seat belts, a law that came into effect on December 1, 1984. Officer Nicholas Cimmino of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety wrote the nation's first ticket for such violation.
When it comes to seat belt legislation, New Hampshire stands alone as the only state in the US where adults are not required to buckle up. According to the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration, states with stronger seat belt laws generally have higher rates of usage than those with weaker or no laws. New Hampshire seat belt use statistics bear this observation out. An average of 73% of NH motorists buckle up, as opposed to the US average of 87%. New Hampshire does require that drivers or passengers under the age of 18 wear seat belts.
From Mr. Food.....
If you're a fan of Chinese-style sweet and sour chicken, but are trying to eat a little lighter, then you're going to love this lightened-up recipe. Our Naked Sweet and Sour Chicken is a homemade Chinese-takeout favorite!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat a stove-top wok or large skillet over medium-high heat or an electric wok to 400º. Heat oil until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add ketchup, honey, vinegar, pineapple and its juice, and red peppers; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce begins to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch; whisk well.
- When ketchup mixture is bubbling, add soy sauce mixture; cook 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through and sauce has thickened. Add scallions and toss until well coated.
Serve over cooked white rice.
Historically this date....
1974 – The last Israeli soldiers leave the west bank of the Suez Canal pursuant to a truce with Egypt.
1975 – Watergate scandal: Former United States Attorney General John N. Mitchell and former White House aides H. R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman are sentenced to prison.
1995 – Steve Fossett lands in Leader, Saskatchewan, Canada becoming the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a balloon.
And births this date include...
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo