Good 26º morning. Yep, everything is frozen!
Yesterday stayed cool and foggy til about 10am. Well, it was still cool, but the sun came through,
and by 3pm it had warmed to 64º ! Heat wave!
There is still a tiny bit of snow on my mountain...
Two of the world's weirdest restaurants...
Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
Rangali Island, Maldives
A fish eye view. Dine on octopus and oysters surrounded by octopus and oysters! Yikes! "Ithaa" means pearl and it sits between 3 and 6 feet below sea level, depending on the tides, and weighs over 200 tons, so the chef won't drift out to sea. On the menu: crustaceans and wild game.
Would you eat here? NOT ME!!!!!
Bathroom themed. If you are into poop jokes (and can get over the gross-out factor) then you will find this toilet-themed restaurant plenty entertaining.
Guests slurp up Asian noodles from their commode-shaped bowls while sitting on their very own can. Keep the seat down!
Make Ahead Chicken
When you know you are going to need to plan ahead, this is the one-dish dinner you should use! Mix up, make ahead, and have it waiting in the refrigerator to pot in the oven and bake.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 -ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (see Options)
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs (for topping)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for topping)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except topping ingredients; mix well. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine corn flake crumbs and butter; mix well. Stir chicken mixture then sprinkle crumb topping evenly over top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden.
Historically this date....
I goofed and posted all the March 6th history and famous birthdays on March 2nd. I have fixed that, but didn't think you'd want to read all the March 6th stuff over again...... Sorry.
Later I decided to try roasting some little red, white, and purple potatoes in the Air Fryer. I cut them in half and tossed them with olive oil and garlic salt before putting them in the Air Fryer. Cooked at 290º for 17 minutes.
With the potatoes I had some chopped ham I mixed with steamed carrots/broccoli/cauliflower, and some of those pickled mushrooms on the side.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo