Good 39º dark cloudy morning.
Be careful out there with that full moon, especially driving. Bad enough normally but with this full moon it's even worse!
10-13 is radio code for 'advise road and weather conditions'.
Yesterday from 30º we warmed to 73º.
Picture of the Day.... HUH?
Many people may be familiar with collective terms such as a “school” of fish, a “pack” of wolves and a “gaggle” of geese. But what is the collective term for a group of jellyfish? A group of jellyfish is also called a smack. And, that’s what it feels like when you suddenly get caught in a group of jellyfish. Ouch! Jellyfish can be found on shallow or deep ocean waters, and even beached jellies can smack you with their venomous and painful sting. The most venomous jellyfish in the world is the box jellyfish, capable of killing an adult human with a single sting in just a few minutes.
Parmesan Broccoli Balls
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavored dry stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place broccoli in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes. Uncover, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli, stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese, onion, eggs, margarine, pepper, and garlic salt. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hour, until moisture has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Roll the chilled mixture into 1 inch balls, and arrange on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until browned.
Special birthday today, Wilson High School pal Mike Bastian. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!
Back in 2013 we had a Wilsonite reunion in Grants Pass.... left to right me, Mike Bastian, Joe Terror, Ron Loynds, and Linda (Waterlond) Terror.
Historically this date.......
1875 – The United States Continental Congress orders the establishment of the Continental Navy (later renamed the United States Navy).
1792 – In Washington, D.C., the cornerstone of the United States Executive Mansion (known as the White House since 1818) is laid.
1962 – The Pacific Northwest experiences a cyclone the equal of a Cat 3 hurricane. Winds measured above 150 mph at several locations; 46 people died.
And births this date includes....
1915 – Cornel Wilde, American actor (d. 1989)
1925 – Margaret Thatcher, English politician (d.2013)
1962 – Kelly Preston, American actress
1967 – Kate Walsh, American actress
1969 – Nancy Kerrigan, American figure skater
Had an email yesterday with a picture from Nancy (Kujala, former Wilsonite and my locker partner) of the fire close her daughter's house. Saddleback fire in California..... OMG!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
My Dad was only 16 years old when he volunteered for the US Navy in WWI. He obviously lied about his age!