Good 50º SUPER foggy morning...........
Yesterday it stayed foggy/cloudy gloomy until FINALLY the sun came out about noon...
Then it was a beautiful day!!!
Picture of the day.....
Historically this date.....
1861 – The First Transcontinental Telegraph line across the United States is completed, spelling the end for the 18-month-old Pony Express
1977 – Veterans Day is observed on the fourth Monday in October for the seventh and last time. (The holiday is once again observed on November 11 beginning the following year.)
2005 – Hurricane Wilma makes landfall in Florida resulting in 35 direct 26 indirect fatalities and causing $20.6B USD in damage.
And births this date include....
*** see above. Interesting story.
... I wonder if Fran was here today, would he (yes, a "he"!) 'Twitter'? Just think, a Twitter from Zwitter! Just being silly.
1960 – B.D. Wong, American actor
She is working on husband #4 at present!
Mmmmm.... easy yummy side dish...
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
2 T. butter
4 cups corn, fresh or frozen
4 oz light cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup milk
**½ cup roasted red pepper, diced
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup green onions (optional)
salt and pepper and cayenne to taste
1. Melt butter over medium heat, add the corn and cream cheese, stir until cream cheese has melted.
2. Mix in the milk, red pepper, bacon and green onions and cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
or... make a day or two ahead, place in baking dish, cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, remove cover and bake about 15 minutes at 350º.
** How to roast red peppers...
1. Cut the red peppers in half, remove the stem and seeds.
2. Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
3. Preheat the oven to 450º and then change it to broil.
4. Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 10-20 minutes.
5. Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
Later I watched Big Bang Theory
( http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/ ),that I hadn't watched in a couple years! Seems they are all married now. Still can't stand Sheldon!!! It will be a couple more years if I ever watch it again. Then watched a new show, 9JKL
( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6461794/ ) with Elliott Gould. ICK! What a piece of junk! Back to Blue Bloods, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Chicago Med, NCIS......
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Bologna Day