Good 32º ice on the barn roof clear sky morning.
The sun did come out yesterday. We warmed up to 73º !!!
Contrails were nice to see....
And the deer and geese were out too....
Here is where my mailbox used to be....
And the damage, that my neighbor Frank said he can pound out....
Here are some unusual fences.... made by people with funny imaginations!
Easy Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer on medium speed; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and blueberries that have been tossed in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour (see Note).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 to 20 minutes then remove to a wire rack. Let cool completely then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
**Tossing the blueberries in flour prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking. This trick can also be used when adding ingredients like chocolate chips or raisins to almost any cake. This will help ensure that every bite is full of the same goodness.
Historically this date......
1918 – Moscow becomes the capital of Russia again after Saint Petersburg held this status for 215 years.
2009 – Financier Bernard Madoff plead guilty in New York to scamming $18 billion, the largest in Wall Street history.
And births this date include....
1923 – Wally Schirra, American astronaut (d. 2007)
1931 – Billie "Buckwheat" Thomas, American actor (d. 1980)
1950 – Jon Provost, American actor
Later dinner was Schwans Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo, with bow tie pasta...
So easy, take the bag out of the freezer and either put it in a skillet and heat or heat in microwave. From frozen to ready in less than 20 minutes!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Milky Way Day