Good 48º clear sky morning.
Yesterday the fog was dark and heavy. By 9:30 it finally started saying goodbye. The rest of the day was sunny blue sky and we topped at 89º.
Happy Throw Back Thursday..... three sisters... L-R Betty, Marion, me. In the background is the playhouse my dad made.
Picture of the Day....
Nathan Hale (June 6, 1755 – September 22, 1776) was an American soldier and spy for the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War. He volunteered for an intelligence-gathering mission in New York City but was captured by the British and executed. Hale has long been considered an American hero and in 1985, he was officially designated the state hero of Connecticut.
In 1776 he was executed by the British for spying. Disguised as a Dutch schoolmaster, Hale slipped behind British lines and successfully gathered information. Hale was captured while sailing Long Island Sound, trying to cross back into American-controlled territory. When it was discovered that he was carrying incriminating documents, British General William Howe ordered his execution for spying. After being led to the gallows, legend holds that the 21-year-old Hale said, “I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country.”
Creamy Veggie Casserole (with bacon, of course!)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans condensed cheese soup
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Add vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients to spaghetti; mix well.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Historically this date.......
1687 – The Parthenon in Athens is partially destroyed by an explosion caused by the bombing from Venetian forces led by Morosini who are besieging the Ottoman Turks stationed in Athens.
When I was there in 2008...
I have my Daddy's Al Malaikah fez..... (yes, that is my Daddy in the picture on the right and Mom in the other one!)
1933 – As gangster Machine Gun Kelly surrenders to the FBI, he shouts out, "Don’t shoot,G-Men!", which becomes a nickname for FBI agents.
1960 – In Chicago, the first televised debate takes place between presidential candidates Richard M. Nixon and John F. Kennedy.
1997 – An earthquake strikes the Italian regions of Umbria and the Marche, causing part of the Basilica of St. Francis at Assisi to collapse.
2009 – Typhoon Ketsana hit the Philippines, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos andThailand, causing 700 fatalities.
And births this date include...
...sexy lady. sexy name.... born 'Gayle Peck'!
......McCord, Oct 2010, retired as a Reserve Police Officer from the Los Angeles School Police Department.
1956 – Linda Hamilton, American actress
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo