Good 30º red sky in the morning.... sailors take warning.....
Yesterday another sunny clear day and we topped at 73º !!!
UPS Dave made a delivery and Dude was soooo happy to see his Dad and get cookies!
Picture of the Day..... (shared by Dave Clark..LASD ret)... Camel Rock
Interesting about pest infestation........
It's perhaps one of the most upsetting sights a homeowner can see: a mouse, rat or cockroach darting from under a piece of furniture or kitchen cabinet, scurrying across the room and disappearing.
But where are they most often reported in the US? In California, three cities make the top 20 list, with cockroaches being the biggest problem. Los Angeles-Long Beach comes in at No. 7 on the national list, followed by Riverside-San Bernardino at No. 11 and San Francisco down at No. 17.
On the list for rats, the three metro areas are bunched down lower. San Francisco again comes in at No. 17, followed by Riverside-San Bernardino at No. 19 and Los Angeles-Long Beach at No. 20.
Here's a good cheesecake to make for St. Paddy's Day....
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake...
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Guinness (beer)
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the cream in a double boiler.
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Mix in the sugar, chocolate, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and Guinness.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 60 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
Today was always special, my Dad's birthday. Leslie Laney (d. 1991) was born this date in 1901 in Alabama. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!
^ Daddy 1917 in US Navy uniform! (He lied about his age to join)
^ Mom and Dad on their 50th wedding anniversary in 1976.
Daddy being Irish and missing being born on St. Pat's Day by 1 day! Dang!
Today is also special, birthday of my pal Nancy Perry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!
Historically this date....
1916 – The 7th and 10th US cavalry regiments under John J. Pershing crossed the US-Mexico border to join the hunt for Pancho Villa.
1945 – World War II: The Battle of Iwo Jima ended, but small pockets of Japanese resistance persisted.
1958 – The Ford Motor Company produced its 50 millionth automobile, the Thunderbird, averaging almost a million cars a year since the company's founding.
And births this date include....
1926 – Jerry Lewis, American comedian (d.2017)
1990's .. 2003 ..... 2011:
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo