Good 55º scattered clouds morning.
Yesterday stayed clear and breezy and we topped at 98º. Supposed to be a tad cooler today.
Picture of the Day.... posted on FB by my friend Lori Roe Bouquet (Roe Motors, Grants Pass). She lives on the shore of the Rogue River and has great critter shots!
When mention is made of ducks, many people first think of the mallard. Its ability to tolerate human disturbance and adapt to urban as well as rural habitats make it the Northern Hemisphere's most abundant and widespread waterfowl.
Females are mottled-brown, with dark brown stripe through the eye, orange bill with black splotching and have yellowish-orange legs. Immatures resemble adult females until males acquire nuptial plumage usually by mid-November. Males enter the eclipse molt in June and resemble hens until mid-September. Wings of both sexes have a violet-blue speculum ( a bright patch of plumage on the wings of certain birds, especially a strip of metallic sheen on the secondary flight feathers of many ducks.) bordered in front and behind by a pronounced white stripe.
They are a common transient and summer and winter resident throughout the state.
Interesting about the first concrete paved street...
Italian Herb Baked Meatballs....from The Slow Roasted Italian...
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons marinara
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls and place back onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Remove and transfer to sauce or serve immediately.
- If you lightly coat your hands with olive oil before rolling the meatballs, they will form better and crack less.
- You can substitute dried herbs and spices for a quicker recipe.
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning for the fresh herbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder for the fresh garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder for the fresh onion.
Historically this date....
1984 – Vanessa Williams becomes the first Miss America to resign when she surrenders her crown after nude photos of her appeared in Penthouse magazine.
and births this date include...
1918 – Pee Wee Reese, American baseball player (d. 1999)
1938 – Charles Harrelson, American convicted murderer; father of Woody Harrelson (d. 2007) Interesting read....
1961 – Woody Harrelson, American actor (same birthday as his father)
............very strange man.
1973 – Monica Lewinsky, American White House intern
Click on her name.... interesting read.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo