Good 30º everything covered with ice and SUPER foggy morning.
I can hardly see my barn!
I can hardly see my barn!
Today is a special day. It was my darling's birthday. Jerry Wayne Maxwell 12-2-1940 - 2-12-2007. It always blows me away when I think about it... born on 12-2 and died on 2-12. He is loved and missed every single day.
Born in Dallas Texas, grew up in Redwood City Ca., joined the Marines during Viet Nam and was a tanker, traded in his tan and green USMC uniform for a Los Angeles Sheriff's Department tan and green deputy uniform for 30 years.
Picture of the Day ... LOL
The name “Black Friday” originated in Philadelphia, when it was coined by the Philadelphia Police Department in 1966 to describe the chaos caused by massive traffic jams, car accidents and congested sidewalks that resulted from the shopping day after Thanksgiving. Contemporary use of the term now refers to it as the point in the year at which retailers begin to turn a profit, thus going from being "in the red" to being "in the black". Since 2006, there have been 11 deaths and 108 injuries as a result of Black Friday events.
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch or 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches or 2 (5 oz.) Cans (if using cans, drained)- Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter crackers, crushed
- 4 oz. (about 2-1⁄2 cups) egg noodles
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain in colander.
- In a separate bowl, mix together soup, milk and garlic powder. Stir in noodles, peas, tuna and thyme.
- Transfer to a 1-1⁄2 quart casserole. Bake 15 minutes; top with cracker crumbs. Continue baking 5 – 10 minutes or until heated through.
Two other special birthdays today...
Georgia Sue Mattern is celebrating. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GS!!
And Stacy Tethford, my physical therapist, is also celebrating. HAPPY BIRTHDAY STACY!!
Historically this date.......
1927 – Following 19 years of Ford Model T production, the Ford Motor Company unveils the Ford Model A as its new automobile
1980 – Four U.S. nuns and churchwomen, Ita Ford, Maura Clarke, Jean Donovan, andDorothy Kazel, are murdered by a death squad in El Salvador.
And births this date include..
1914 – Ray Walston, American actor (d. 2001)
1924 – Alexander Haig, American Soldier & Civil servant, 7th Supreme Allied Commander Europe, 5th White House Chief of Staff and 59th United States Secretary of State (d. 2010)
1981 – Britney Spears, American singer, dancer and entertainer
1983 – Aaron Rodgers, American football player
born in Chico Ca!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo