Good 53º raining morning.
Yesterday morning, with all the rain predictions , the sun came through the clouds for a few minutes. It was beautiful.....
Then by 8:30 it got darker than dark and it started raining.....
The rain POURED and all night hearing it gave me nightmares! We got 3" !!!!!!!
Brian and family headed to Roseburg for Sami's last gymnastic meet of the season. This is what the roads looked like up there!
BTW, Sami took Second over All!
Picture of the Day .... well timed!
Interesting about gestation length....
For most species, the amount a fetus grows before birth determines the length of the gestation period. Smaller species normally have a shorter gestation period than larger animals. For example, a cat's gestation normally takes 58–65 days while an elephant's takes nearly 2 years (21 months). However, growth does not necessarily determine the length of gestation for all species, especially for those with a breeding season. Species that use a breeding season usually give birth during a specific time of year when food is available.
Various other factors can come into play in determining the duration of gestation. For humans, male fetuses normally gestate several days longer than females and multiple pregnancies gestate for a shorter period. Ethnicity may also lengthen or shorten gestation. In dogs there's a positive correlation between gestation time and a small litter size.
When you know you're gonna need to plan ahead for a one dish dinner,
this is the one! Mix up Make-Ahead Chicken and have it waiting in the fridge to pop into the oven and bake up fresh and hearty.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces (2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni (or your favorite)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 -ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (see Options)
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs (for topping)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for topping)
- If you don't care for the flavor of curry, try an equal amount of dried basil for an Italian treat, or dried dill for that "right from the garden" taste.
- For instance, if the recipe requires 1/3 cup corn flake crumbs, start with 1 cup cornflakes. Put the cereal in a food processor, close the lid and pulse several times -- until the cornflakes are finely ground to the consistency of breadcrumbs. Use the corn flake crumbs as a coating or breadcrumb substitute.
Historically this date....
1974 – At Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, Hank Aaron hits his 715th career home run to surpass Babe Ruth's 39-year-old record.
1992 – Retired tennis great Arthur Ashe announces that he has AIDS, acquired from blood transfusions during one of his two heart surgeries.
.........he died in 1993.
And births this date include....
1944 – Odd Nerdrum, Norwegian painter
Ok, never heard of this guy, but GEEZE with a name like that!!! Wonder if his middle name is Ball. It should be!
1960 – John Schneider, American actor
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo