Good 40º slightly foggy and very cloudy morning.
Yesterday foggy again....
But not so much in Grants Pass......
They by 11:30....
We warmed to 52º.
Picture of the Day....
Snow in Italy on Lake Como.... who'd a thought!
30 Minute Leftover Turkey Stew
Got leftover turkey? This 30-Minute Turkey Stew will breathe new life into your leftovers and no one will ever guess how you did it. This hearty one-pot meal is sure to stick to your ribs and stretch your food budget, making it one of the best leftover turkey recipes out there.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, pulled apart into 1-inch pieces
- In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add celery and onion, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, sage, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 15 to 18 minutes, or until potatoes are almost fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flour; mix well. Pour into soup pot and stir until thickened. Add turkey and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is hot, stirring occasionally.
Historically this date....
1789 – A national Thanksgiving Day is observed in the United States as recommended byPresident George Washington and approved by Congress.
1863 – President Abraham Lincoln proclaims November 26 as a national Thanksgiving Day, to be celebrated annually on the final Thursday of November (since 1941, on the fourth Thursday).
1944 – World War II: A German V-2 rocket hits a Woolworth's shop on New Cross High Street, United Kingdom, killing 168 shoppers.
1968 – Vietnam War: United States Air Force helicopter pilot James P. Fleming rescues an Army Special Forces unit pinned down by Viet Cong fire and is later awarded theMedal of Honor.
1998 – Tony Blair becomes the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to address the Republic of Ireland's parliament.
And births this date include...
1938 – Rich Little, Canadian comedian and actor
1939 – Tina Turner, American singer and actress
As for the Patriots vs the Jets game.... it looked like a nice day in NY at Met Stadium.....
The game tied at 7-7, then 13-13, and the Pats ended up winning at 27-13.
Dinner was Schwans Cod Nuggets with yogurt ranch for dipping and some roasted sweet potatoes with green beans.
Then chair, wine, you know who in my lap
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
And.............. today is also