Good 48º interesting cloud morning....
Not many changes in the weather. Cooler for a few days, in the 80ºs and then it will rise up again...
Happy 4th of July!
Our Rogue River Depot Bridge...
2006 when Jerry (on the right) and Dave put up flags for the VFW.....
I have two shows set to record for tonight. One is the Boston Pops 4th of July Show. It comes on here at 5pm. Do a search for time and channel on your TV.
I also am recording the NY Macy's 4th of July Show. That one comes on here at 8pm.
Yesterday Mike was back to try and finish up the stump cutting.
With fire season here you won't be able to use chain saws after 10am and until 8pm.
And Dude kept and eye on him!
Picture of the Day
A deer comes into this guys shop and he gives it something to eat. It leaves and returns with it's family!
A layered, cheesy dip with all of the flavors of pizza including pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni and olives with a cheese stuffed pull apart crust that's perfect for dipping and scooping!
1 batch pizza dough
- 8 ounce mozzarella, cut into 16 cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded/grated
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces, wrap each around a cube of mozzarella and place around the outside of a large baking pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmesan and spread it across the bottom of a pie plate or other baking dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni, green pepper and olives.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the the crust is lightly golden brown the sides are bubbling and the cheese cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Note: * Use a home made or store bought pizza dough or a crescent or roll dough.
Tip: Make this dip with your favorite pizza toppings!
Historically this date.....
1776 – American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
1826 – Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States, dies the same day as John Adams, second president of the United States, on the fiftieth anniversary of the adoption of the United States Declaration of Independence.
2009 – The Statue of Liberty's crown reopens to the public after eight years of closure due to security concerns following the September 11 attacks.
And births this date include....
1902 – George Murphy, American actor and politician (d. 1992)
I received this letter from President Trump. I had written him a note and sent him a birthday card. His birthday is Flag Day, the Army's birthday, and was my wedding anniversary.
Yesterday afternoon after I got my Schwans delivery I was sitting on the porch enjoying the day. It had warmed to 82º an there was a breeze. We had some cirrus clouds blow in....
The hummingbird stopped for a drink.....
And Bruiser, who LOVES my feet, decided to nap in my Birkies I just took off.....
After a bit the clouds really moved and and there was not much of a sunset visible...
Dinner was Schwans Crispy Cod Nuggets and a mixture of steamed green beans and broccoli topped with grated Mozzarella.....
All I know. Nuff said. Happy 4th. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo