Good 45º pouring rain morning.
Picture of the Day ... LOL!
Answer: A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience—a direct reference to Thomas the Apostle who famously doubted Jesus’ resurrection, telling the other disciples, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe”. Thomas’ moment of skepticism earned him the nickname “Doubting Thomas,” which has since evolved into a term for anyone who needs proof before they believe something.
From The Slow Roasted Italian...
Italian Sausage and Pepper Sliders are meaty, cheesy and gooey. They are the ultimate comfort food for game day, get-togethers of just a good hearty meal!
- 12 slider buns, split (we love Hawaiian)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (hot, mild or sweet)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On stove saute together your Italian sausage, peppers and onions until no longer pink and vegetables are tender, remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of your sliders in your baking pan and sprinkle with one cup of cheese.
- Top with your sausage and pepper mixture.
- Spread your marinara over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place top of your buns over your cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- In small bowl mix together your melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread over the top of slider buns, reserving just a little bit to brush on after they are done baking.
Historically this date.......
1916 – In Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad Co., the Supreme Court of the United States declares the federal income tax constitutional.
1933 – The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, changing the beginning and end of terms for all elected federal offices.
1961 – Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.
1972 – Japanese Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi is found hiding in a Guam jungle, where he had been since the end of World War II.
And births this date include....
1968 – Mary Lou Retton, American gymnast
1983 – Scott Speed, American race car driver
................this is funny, his name and profession. He was destined to race. Just like one of the doctors in the Cardiology unit is named Dr. Lightheart.... destiny in a name.
And my son, with the last name Pendleton was destined to be a Marine!
This is fun.... let's see ... who else.... Linda Toot played the flute in the Milwaukee Symphony!
Mr. Sues is an attorney.
Dr. Fingers is a gynecologist.
Dr. Dick Bone (WHAT were his parents thinking????????) is a osteopath.
Dr. I. Doctor is an ophthalmologist.
In El Monte there is a dentist Dr. Ow.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo