Good 47º dark cloudy morning.
Welcome to February!
Picture of the Day ... hmmmmm......
A palindrome is a word or phrase whose sequence of letters is the same when read forward or backward. The word 'palindrome' first appeared in print in the 1638 book, "The Truth of Our Times" by Henry Peacham. The word stems from ancient Greek roots: 'palin' meaning "again", and 'dromos' meaning "way" or "direction".
"Repaper", meaning cover with paper again, is a palindrome, as are these other examples:
Palindromic phrases can be read forward or backwards (if punctuation is ignored). Examples of palindromic phrases include:
- "Do geese see God?"
- "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!"
- "Ed, I saw Harpo Marx ram Oprah W. aside."
- "Are we not pure? “No, sir!” Panama’s moody Noriega brags. “It is garbage!” Irony dooms a man—a prisoner up to new era."
Numbers and dates can also be palindromes. The first palindromic date of the year 2020 is on February 2nd: 02/02/2020.
From the Slow Roasted Italian...
Easy Peasy Lemon Bars are my go-to lemon dessert recipe. These mouthwatering lemon bars are bright and vibrant, they are utterly delicious. The creamy texture and lemony flavor makes these a crowd favorite! Easy prep, easy cleanup and gone in a snap. My perfect ANYTIME bars!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon finely zested
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a 9x9-inch pan with baking spray, then line the pan with parchment paper (this will make it easier to remove the lemon bars in one piece so you can cut them properly on a cutting board).
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, and salt with a fork until a crumbly dough forms. Press the dough into the prepared pan so it covers the bottom and goes about 1/2 inch up the sides. Bake about 10 minutes or until it is a light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and fine lemon zest.
- Remove crust from oven, pour the lemon mixture over the crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set (doesn’t jiggle when you shake the pan). Allow lemon bars to cool for 30 minutes in pan. Using parchment, remove lemon bars and set on cutting board. Allow to cool completely or refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Cut into 16 squares. Sprinkle the remaining powdered sugar over the cooled lemon bars before serving.
- Recipe perfectly doubles
Historically this date....
1978 – Director Roman Polanski skips bail and flees the United States to France after pleading guilty to charges of engaging in sex with a 13-year-old girl.
1979 – Convicted bank robber Patty Hearst is released from prison after her sentence is commuted by President Jimmy Carter.
1991 – A runway collision between USAir Flight 1493 and SkyWest Flight 5569 at Los Angeles International Airport results in the death of 34 persons, and the injury of 30 others.
2004 – Janet Jackson's breast is exposed during the half-time show of Super Bowl XXXVIII, resulting in US broadcasters adopting a stronger adherence to Federal Communications Commission censorship guidelines.
And births this date include....
...........awwww, you mean he didn't invent my favorite shoe??
1901 – Clark Gable, American actor (d. 1960)
1928 – Stuart Whitman, American actor
Don on the right.... Whodda thought!
1968 – Lisa Marie Presley, American singer and actress
Four husbands, none lasted!
Changes like the seasons!
Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday.
This will be the 54th Super Bowl Game. Are you going to watch the San Francisco 49ers play the Kansas City Chiefs? Are the 9ers and Chiefs going to wear the same uniforms???
The 9ers are 13-3-0 and the Chiefs are 12-4-0. The game will be played at the Hard Rock Stadium in Florida
and kickoff time there is 6:30pm ET. It will be broadcast on FOX. Half time show will star Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. The National Anthem will be sung by Demi Lovato. Tickets for the game are in the thousands of dollars!!!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo