Good 33º cloudy morning. 20% chance of rain today and 40% chance tonight.
Yesterday we started out at 32º and warmed to 79º with a cloud cover and much humidity!
.... and sunset at almost 7pm:
Special birthday today.... Jerome Beck (LASD ret) and hubby of my high school pal Sandy (Todoran). HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEROME!
Historically this date..............
So disturbing. So sick. So so sad.
1971 – Sold, dismantled and moved to the United States, London Bridge reopens in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
1973 – Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
And births this date include....
1946 – Ben Vereen, American actor
1958 – Tanya Tucker, American singer
1969 – Brett Favre, American football player
1974 – Dale Earnhardt, Jr., American racecar driver
Here is a GREAT and easy Greek Pasta Salad.....
- 1 (12- to 16-ounce) box radiatore or ruffles pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 cup bottled Greek dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain,
rinse, then drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; add pasta and toss gently until evenly coated. Serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yesterday I took Dude to the Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center. He had been licking his stitches and they were coming loose.... They put some staples in the incision...
and suggested I get some spray on bad tasting stuff from Petco. Didn't want to drive to Grants Pass so stopped at the new pet supply store in Rogue River. They had the kind the doc was talking about ... one was sour apple and this one:
OMGOSH does it taste like YUCK!!! (Had some on my finger, had to try it!)
Then it was chair, wine, and TV.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Angel Food Cake Day
Angel food cake, or angel cake, is the type of sponge cake made with egg whites, flour, and sugar. A whipping agent such as cream of tarter is commonly added. It differs from other cakes because it does not use butter. It's structure comes from whipped egg whites, known as protein foam. Angel food cake originated in the United States and first became popular in the late 19th century. It gained it's unique reputation along with it's name due to it's light and fluffy texture.