Good 44º cloudy drizzling morning.
Rain started yesterday afternoon and so far we've gotten 1/2". More coming and even a chance of snow down here by Sunday or Monday.
HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY!
As of this morning in Pennsylvania, Phil has predicted and early spring!
Picture of the Day ... orphaned pony and his best friend...
These seals took over a California beach during the government shutdown - and won't give it back!
Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutesTotal Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup celery
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 pound gnocchi (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1/2 cup cream (or milk)
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste* (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter along with the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onions, carrots and celery, and cook until just tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and flour and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, chicken and gnocchi, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the gnocchi floats, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the cream, spinach and Parmesan and letting the spinach wilt and the cheese to melt into the soup.
- Mix the miso paste into 1/4 cup of the broth from the soup and then mix back into the soup before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: White miso (aka shiro miso) is a salty bean paste used in Japanese cuisine that can often be found in the international, sushi or health food sections of grocery stores or at an Asian grocery store. Feel free to omit this if you cannot find it.
My friends John (LASD ret) and Trish Bowler got married on this date in 1963! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDS! XO
Historically this date.......1653 – New Amsterdam (later renamed The City of New York) is incorporated.
.... still a rare beauty! She looks like a teenager! and she's 65!!!!!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo