In 1946 he unveiled a two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris.
Piscine Molitor (French pronunciation: [pisin molitɔʁ]; is a swimming pool and hotel complex located in Porte Molitor, 16th arrondissement of Paris, Île-de-France, Paris, France. The complex was built in 1929 and inaugurated by Olympic swimmers Aileen Riggin, Matthew Gauntlett and Johnny Weissmuller. The pool is known for its Art Deco designs and the popular introduction of the bikini.
The pool was classified as a French monument historique on 27 March 1990, after having fallen into disuse and closing in 1989. The swimming pool complex was rebuilt from scratch in the style of the previous historic design. The new complex includes two pools and a four star hotel. It opened in May 2014.
If you love ordering spring rolls from Chinese restaurants, then this is the recipe for you! Our spring rolls are easy to make and taste amazing. They're filled with a flavorful veggie mixture and fried until golden and crispy. They make a great appetizer or can be served right alongside some fried rice and your favorite takeout main dish!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 12 spring roll or egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
- To serve these like they do in Chinese restaurants, don't forget the dipping sauce! A couple of our favorite dipping sauces are duck sauce and spicy mustard.
- Did You Know?: In China, spring rolls are traditionally eaten during the Chinese New Year as a way to welcome in the spring. They're also said to represent wealth (because of their golden color). Spring rolls can vary in size, filling, and cooking method (some are fried, while others are steamed), from region to region. In the U.S., spring rolls and egg rolls are pretty similar, with the main difference being the filling. While both contain veggies, egg rolls typically include some kind of meat, chicken, or fish too.
1982 – Tara Lipinski, American figure skater