Good 23º again frozen morning.
While we had 23º and clear skies here yesterday....
Grants Pass was fogged in!
Our temps rose from that 23º BURRRRRR, to 30º by 9am, 40º by 10am, 60º by noon. We topped at 70º.
Yesterday an errand day. Grocery store, etc. Had some chats with other customers at the market. Most complaining about the cold!!! Then I said hello to a red lab in the car parked next to me. So sweet. His owner said his name was Rebel.
Picture of the Day..... LOL!!!
What is unusual about the following words?
Take the first letter of each word and place it at the end.
It will spell the same word backwards!!!!!
Mr. Food's Potato Cheese Soup....
Rich-as-can-be Potato Cheese Soup is a classic restaurant favorite that we can easily simmer on our stovetop. With a stick-to-your-ribs thick and hearty potato soup like this, it's easy to ladle up a satisfying meal chock-full of comfort.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Because salt levels vary depending on the type of chicken broth you use, you may want to taste for salt when you've finished cooking the soup.
- To serve this hearty soup restaurant-style, top with bacon bits, sliced scallions, and additional shredded cheese.
Historically this date....
1913 – The Great Lakes Storm of 1913, the most destructive natural disaster ever to hit the lakes, destroys 19 ships and kills more than 250 people.
1960 – Robert McNamara is named president of Ford Motor Co., the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he quit to join the newly-elected John F. Kennedy administration.
And births this date include....
At least it wasn't Lizzie Borden!
1914 – Hedy Lamarr, Austrian actress and inventor (d. 2000)
...wow, 6 husbands, 6 divorces.
Poor thing, she had leukemia.
1941 – Tom Fogerty, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Creedence Clearwater Revival and Ruby) (d. 1990)
Later it was chair, wine, you-know-who in my lap......
and TV was local news, Chicago Fire, Blue Bloods, and something else I can't remember!
Today that Lobster Pot Pie is supposed to be delivered. Can't wait!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo