Before it became a state, the territory was called Columbia (named after the Columbia River). When it was granted statehood, the name was changed to Washington, supposedly so people wouldn’t confuse it with The District of Columbia.
If you're a fan of peanut butter pie, then you'll love this extra creamy spin on a classic. You see, the whipped topping makes for an airy filling that's full of peanut buttery goodness! You'll find dessert paradise in this Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pie.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanut butter cups, divided
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate pie crust