Good 45º clear sky sunny morning.
Yesterday the dark clouds stayed all day with a few breaks in the clouds for some sun to shine through....
The predicted rain came at 3pm and slightly drizzled for 3 minutes!
Out in the pasture was this pretty little doe....
Picture of the Day... LOL
Interesting about Frank Serpico....
Francesco Vincent Serpico (born April 14, 1936) is a former New York City Police Department (NYPD) Detective who holds both American and Italian citizenship. He is known for whistle blowing on police corruption in the late 1960s and early 1970s, an act that prompted Mayor John V. Lindsay to appoint the landmark Knapp Commission to investigate the NYPD. Much of Serpico's fame came after the release of the 1973 film "Serpico", which was based on the book by Peter Maas and which starred Al Pacino in the title role, for which Pacino received an Oscar nomination.
Serpico was shot in the face whilst carrying out a drug raid. The bullet severed an auditory nerve, leaving him deaf in one ear, and he has since suffered from chronic pain from bullet fragments lodged in his brain.The circumstances surrounding Serpico's shooting quickly came into question. Serpico, who was armed during the drug raid, had been shot only after briefly turning away from the suspect, when he realized that the two officers who had accompanied him to the hallway and door of the scene were not following him into the apartment or providing support and back-up. This raised the question whether Serpico had actually been brought to the apartment by his colleagues to be betrayed and murdered.
If you want to read more, go here:
From the Slow Roasted Italian...
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
Ultra creamy and tender, this easy recipe of crock pot ranch pork chops can make you fall in love with pork chops again (or give you a new way to love them!) Just mix a creamy base with a blend of herbs and layer it on top of boneless pork chops in a crock pot and you’ll be all set for an easy dinner!
- 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 to 6 boneless pork chops
- Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Cooked rice or pasta, for serving
*** Yes, you can use a 1 oz ranch packet (just the powder, not the mixed dressing) instead of the herbs (dried parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, and black pepper). But if you do this you might also need to increase the white wine from 1/3 cup to 2/3 or 3/4 cup.
- In a medium bowl, add cream of mushroom, dried parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, and black pepper. Use a hand mixer (or a spatula and some elbow grease) to mix the ingredients on LOW until only small clumps of cream cheese remain, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add white wine (or chicken broth) to bowl and gently fold in with the cream until absorbed, about another 2-4 minutes.
- Place pork chops in the bottom of a 6 quarts crock pot and arrange in an even layer. Pour ranch mixture on top and spread until the tops of the pork chops are covered.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours
Special birthday today.... one of "our sons" ... and retired LASD, David Smail is celebrating today. He was an Explorer Scout at Temple, worked at the coroner's office before becoming a Deputy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!
^1980... David with my Kristen and Brian
Historically this date....
1974 – Mikhail Baryshnikov defects from the Soviet Union to Canada while on tour with Bolshoi Ballet.
1995 – The Sampoong Department Store collapses in the Seocho-gu district of Seoul,South Korea, killing 501 and injuring 937.
2006 – Hamdan v. Rumsfeld: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that President George W. Bush's plan to try Guantanamo Bay detainees in military tribunals violates U.S. and international law.
2012 – A derecho (wind storm!) strikes the eastern United States, leaving at least 22 people dead and millions without power.
And births this date..
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo