Good 41º slightly foggy morning. We hit 80º yesterday.
Yesterday it was another trip to the Southern Oregon Veterinary Center for Dude's leg checkup.
I had a great conversation with a couple who was there with their little doxi Max. All of us on the same page politically. Nice. Another guy with his Blue Healer named Harry. Dude Max and Harry all wanted to be friends!
took out the staples on Dude's leg and we will go see him again in a few weeks for an x-ray. So far so good.
1936 – Mrs Wallis Simpson files for divorce which would eventually allow her to marry King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, thus forcing his abdication from the throne.
1962 – Major Rudolf Anderson of the United States Air Force becomes the only direct human casualty of the Cuban Missile Crisis when his U-2 reconnaissance airplane is shot down in Cuba by a Soviet-supplied SA-2 Guideline surface-to-air missile.
1988 – Ronald Reagan decides to tear down the new U.S. Embassy in Moscow because of Soviet listening devices in the building structure.
And births this date include...
1858 – Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1919)
John Wayne's favorite casserole... John Wayne contributed this recipe to a 1979 cookbook, titled Cooking With Love from Cara and Her Friends.
John Wayne's Cheese Casserole
2 4oz cans green chiles, drained
1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated
1 pound Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
4 egg whites
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup canned evaporated milk, undiluted
1 T. flour
½ t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 325º.
2. Remove seeds from chiles and dice.
3. In bowl combine the grated cheese and chiles.
4. Turn into well buttered, shallow, 2 qt baking dish. (9x9x2)
5. With electric mixer at high speed beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. In another bowl with electric mixer, combine egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and pepper, mixing well.
7. Gently fold in egg whites to egg yolk mixture.
8. Pour the mixture over the cheese and with a fork "ooze" it through the cheese.
9. Bake 30 minutes, remove from oven and arrange tomato slices overlapping around edge of pan.
10. Bake 30 minutes longer, or until thin knife inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Garnish with a sprinkling of green chiles if desired.
Later it was catch up time with the TV, as all I watched on Thursday was the World Series. So it was Chicago PD and Blue Bloods. Tonight World Series game 3.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo