Good 41º rainy morning.
Picture of the Day...
Interesting about United States coins....
The word "Liberty" has been required by law to appear on coins since the Coinage Act of 1792. The Coinage Act was passed by the United States Congress on April 2, 1792, and created the United States dollar as the country's standard unit of money, established the United States Mint, and regulated the coinage of the United States. The Coinage Act of 1792 further specified that the front of each coin shall be inscribed with the word “Liberty” and the back of each coin should display the words “United States of America.”
Five Ingredient Pasta Salad....
- or whatever is your fav
- One 16 oz. bottle of your favorite Italian dressing
- 16 oz. ham or salami, diced or julienned
- 1 c. shredded cheese, like mozzarella
- 1 c. quartered grape tomatoes
- Boil your pasta according to the package directions, then drain & cool it. (If in a hurry, I often rinse it in cold water.)
- Dice your meat (or be lazy and buy the package of strips).
- Quarter your tomatoes. You can certainly add more if you love tomatoes.
- Stir your ingredients together. If you are serving it right away, you will probably only want to use about ¾ of your bottle of dressing. If you are refrigerating it for a few hours or overnight to be served later, the pasta will absorb the dressing and you will need to add the rest.
Historically this date...
1979 – Operators of Three Mile Island's Unit 2 nuclear reactor outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania fail to recognize that a relief valve in the primary coolant system has stuck open following an unexpected shutdown. As a result, enough coolant drains out of the system to allow the core to overheat and partially melt down.
And births this date include...
1899 – August Anheuser Busch, Jr., American brewer and baseball executive (d. 1989)
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Saturday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo