Good 26º clear skies morning.
Yesterday the sun started to show off but then the clouds kept coming around. Fuey. We all really wanted it to warm up and be sunny.
Our temperature topped at 54º. Maybe with the clear skies so far, we'll get lucky today!
Happy Throw Back Thursday..... from way back in the 70's a collage of LASD Temple Station photos...
Picture of the Day.... fishing bears!
Interesting about 3-14..... actually California Penal Code 314!
California Penal Code 314 PC prohibits the sex crime of "indecent exposure." This means willfully exposing your genitals to someone else, motivated by a desire to sexually gratify yourself or offend the other person.
California indecent exposure law is broad and also vague...and can cover behavior that you might not have thought was criminal. If you are facing indecent exposure charges, you may be surprised and feel that your rights have been violated.
Interestingly, despite constant changes in what society considers "indecent," California's indecent exposure statute has remained virtually unchanged since its enactment in 1872.
Here are some examples of behavior that can lead to California indecent exposure charges:
While a California "indecent exposure" conviction may not seem like a very serious offense, the repercussions can be devastating.
In most cases, a first indecent exposure conviction subjects you to misdemeanor penalties of up to six months in county jail and a fine of up to one thousand dollars. A second offense is a felony and can lead to a California state prison sentence.
But perhaps worst of all...a Penal Code 314 PC conviction subjects you to a minimum ten year duty to register as a register as a Tier one California sex offender. (California Senate Bill 384 recently created a three-tier sex registration system that reduced the registration requirement for indecent exposure to ten years. It used to be for life.)
The good news is that a good California criminal defense attorney knows a variety of ways to beat an "indecent exposure" allegation. There are a number of legal defenses that a skilled attorney can present on your behalf in an effort to get the "indecent exposure" charge reduced or even dismissed. Some of these defenses include:
Basically there is an indecent exposure law in every state, but different penal code numbers!
Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish..........
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Flour for dusting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Open package of crescent rolls but do not unroll them. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 8 even slices (as if you were making slice and bake cookies). Lay each slice on the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between pieces. Using the bottom of a drinking glass, flatten each slice. Lightly dust each with flour and using your fingers (lightly flour them), build up the edges slightly. The center of each Danish should be flattened slightly so that each looks like a shallow bowl.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Evenly dollop mixture in center of each Danish, then top each with a teaspoonful of cherry pie filling.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over each Danish and top with sliced almonds, if desired.
Special birthday today.... Vanette (Ford) Christensen (LASD ret. Temple Station and ELA Sgt.) ..HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAN!
Historically this date.......
1910 – Lakeview Gusher, the largest U.S. oil well gusher near Bakersfield, California, vented to atmosphere.
1964 – A jury in Dallas, Texas, finds Jack Ruby guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald, assumed assassin of John F. Kennedy.
1995 – Space Exploration: Astronaut Norman Thagard becomes the first American astronaut to ride to space on-board a Russian launch vehicle.
And births this date include....
1914 – Lee Petty, American race car driver (d. 2000)
Lee Petty is shown here with son, Richard, grandson, Kyle and great-grandson, Adam in a 1999 photo.
Sadly, Lee Petty passed away on April 5, 2000 and Adam died tragically about a month later in a racing incident when he was practicing with a Busch series car at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Racing was in their blood right on down the line from Lee.
1948 – Billy Crystal, American actor and comedian
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
ox Sue Mom Bobo