Good 43 degrees, dark foggy cloudy morning.
Yesterday the fog hung around all day,
until just about sunset we got 10 minutes of blue sky visible...
and we had gotten a total of 1/4" of rain.
Happy Throw Back Thursday... from back in the mid 1970's... me with Gay and Bob St. Clair (LASD ret). Bob was working vice back then.
And here's another one of the Temple Sheriff's Station pals at a get together at The Northwoods Inn in 1987....L-R Bob St. Clair, Jerry Maxwell, Don Johnson, Dennis Howell, and Ed Bennett.
Picture of the Day ... LOL! ... shared by Dave Clark (LASD ret) ...
Interesting oxymorons.... shared also by Dave Clark.....
1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks? 2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?3.. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know? 4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words? 5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack? 6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing? 7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing? 8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges?
9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game"
when we are already there?10. Why are they called " stands" when they are made for sitting? 11.. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"? 12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected? 13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites? 14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things? 15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
.... this from Kevin The Closet Cook (small kitchen!)
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:30 minutesTotal Time:40 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz cream cheese, warmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 cup artichokes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated (optional)
- cayenne to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish and top with the mixture of the remaining ingredients and bake in a preheated 350º oven until the chicken is cooked, about 30–35 minutes.
Historically this date.....
1916 – In Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad Co., the Supreme Court of the United States declares the federal income tax constitutional.
1933 – The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, changing the beginning and end of terms for all elected federal offices.
1961 – Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.
1972 – Japanese Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi is found hiding in a Guam jungle, where he had been since the end of World War II.
And births this date include....
Mmmmmmm.... he was a cutie!
1968 – Mary Lou Retton, American gymnast
What a lovely family!
1983 – Scott Speed, American race car driver
................this is funny, his name and profession. He was destined to race. Just like one of the doctors in the Cardiology unit is named Dr. Lightheart.... destiny in a name.
And my son, with the last name Pendleton was destined to be a Marine!
This is fun.... let's see ... who else.... Linda Toot played the flute in the Milwaukee Symphony!
Mr. Sues is an attorney.
Dr. Fingers is a gynecologist.
Dr. Dick Bone (WHAT were his parents thinking????????) is a osteopath.
Dr. I. Doctor is an ophthalmologist.
In El Monte there is a dentist Dr. Ow.
Since it's National Peanut Butter Day I thought I'd tell you about one of my favorite peanut butters... made by Peanut Butter & Co....
On their site you can put in a city and it will tell you where to buy or you can order from their site. I LOVE their Pumpkin Spice flavor and their White Chocolate Wonderful flavor.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo