Good 29º clear sky everything is frozen morning.
Boy the clear sky yesterday was awesome....
By early afternoon we heated up to 69º. Heat wave!!
Sadly in Grants Pass they had heavy fog!
Fortunately about noonish the GP fog went away and the sun came out!
The clear sky and warm day was so nice and I wanted to open the doors and let it inside, BUT a neighbor was burning piles of brush and the smoke was HORRIBLE! Most of the smoke enveloped my neighbors Frank and Cindy's home. This was not good.
Picture of the Day .... another snow picture shared by Dave Clark....
Interesting about Benjamin Wilson...
Portrait of Benjamin (Don Benito) Wilson, pioneer of 1841 who came with John Rowland and William Workman. Wilson served as Mayor of Los Angeles from 1851-1852, and organized the first Los Angeles police force. President Millard Fillmore appointed him Indian agent and as a result of his experience wrote a history of the Indians of the area. In 1855 and 1869, he was elected to the California Senate. Mount Wilson was named for him.
Yummy Crab Cakes
Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside...these are exactly the way we want 'em!
- 3 (4 ¼-ounce) cans crab meat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crab meat, 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs, butter, 2 eggs, celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 crab cakes, using about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each.
- In a shallow dish, beat the remaining egg with a fork. Place the remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the crab cakes in the egg, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Cook the crab cakes in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 dozen.
Serve them plain with a side of vegetables and salad or in a bun...
Historically this date............
1993 – Space Shuttle program: Endeavour heads for space for the third time as STS-54 launches from the Kennedy Space Center.
And births this date include...
1931 – Charles Nelson Reilly, American actor (d. 2007)
1961 – Julia Louis-Dreyfus, American actress
Yesterday I took a huge big plastic container I had filled with photos, paperwork, cards, and old old photo negatives. I went through it all and got rid of a ton of stuff. A few things (photos and report cards) I'm giving to Brian and Kristen. I found a number of cards (birthday, Valentines Day, etc) from Jerry to me with his love notes in them. Sweet! I also found some letters my sister (Marion, passed away in 2004) had written so I sent them to one of her sons, Jimmy.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo