Good 39º foggy raining morning. So far 1/4".
Yesterday started off SUPER dark and gloomy and lasted all day!
To me, no sun is depressing!!
Then it got really noisy in my pasture... I looked out and there was a whole flock of Canadian Geese out there!
Picture of the Day.....
Interesting about Queens New York....
Queens is the easternmost and largest in area of the five boroughs of New York City, geographically adjacent to the borough of Brooklyn at the western end of Long Island.
Queens is the most ethnically diverse urban area in the world, as residents often closely identify with their neighborhood rather than with the borough or city. The borough is a patchwork of dozens of unique neighborhoods, each with its own distinct identity.
The demographics of Queens, the second-most populous borough in New York City, are highly diverse. No racial or ethnic group holds a 50% majority in the borough.
Coterminous with Queens County since 1899, the borough of Queens is the second-largest in population (behind Brooklyn), with approximately 2.3 million residents in 2013, approximately 48% of them foreign-born; Queens County is also the second most populous county in New York State, behind neighboring Kings County, which is coterminous with the borough of Brooklyn. Queens is the fourth-most densely populated county among New York City's boroughs, as well as in the United States; and if each New York City borough were an independent city, Queens would also be the nation's fourth most populous city, after Los Angeles, Chicago, and Brooklyn.
Another tasty soup for this cold weather..........by the Slow Roasted Italian....
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon, uncooked
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 (12 ounce) beer (I used Blue Moon)
- 4 cups half and half
- 16 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- croutons, pickles, bacon bits (optional garnishes)
- Warm an 8 quart pot over high heat. Using clean scissors; cut bacon into pot. Cook bacon until lightly crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef into pot. Break beef up with a wooden spoon. Cook until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain bacon/beef drippings as necessary; only leave about 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan. Tip for checking drippings: Scrape all meat to one side, tip pan. Drippings will pool on the side. Use a spoon to remove drippings as necessary.
- Stir in flour, seasoning and paprika. Stir until flour is coated. Add beer and scrape the bottom of the pot with a spoon to deglaze the pan, allow to cook for 3 minutes. Add half & half. Stir to combine and bring to a bubble. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Allow to simmer until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with croutons, bacon, pickles, whatever you like on your burger.
Historically this date.....
My aunt was born in 1907 in Cananea Mexico when my grandfather was working down there as a mining engineer. Later she could have said she was born in Arizona, since it was a Territory and they didn't start keeping birth records until 1912. But, she was honest and became a 'naturalized citizen' in later years, but did grow up in Arizona in Bisbee. My grandparents were still Scottish citizens, not American. He was a mining engineer for the Lavender Pitt copper mine in Bisbee after Pancho Villa's men told them they had to leave Mexico since they weren't citizens of Mexico.
1942 – The Battle of Los Angeles, one of the largest documented UFO sightings in history; the event lasted into the early hours of February 26, 1942. Interesting.
1980 – The United States Olympic Hockey team completes their Miracle on Ice by defeating Finland 4-2 to win the gold medal.
1989 – United Airlines Flight 811, bound for New Zealand from Honolulu, Hawaii, rips open during flight, sucking 9 passengers out of the business-class section.
And births this date include...
1921 – Abe Vigoda, American actor (d.2016)
1970 – Kienast quintuplets, American quintuplets
.......no public appearances in years, except for the following photo taken off the Oprah show ... The father committed suicide in the 80's.
Granddaughter Sami had a gymnastics meet in Roseburg yesterday.
She did GREAT and won the "all around"!!! Go Sami! ♥♥♥
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo