Good 43º dark cloudy and yes it's raining morning!
If this was 1989 our date would be 6-7-89!
Yesterday the clouds ...
Then finally sunshine, but it was still only 61º.
We stayed in the 60ºs until later in the afternoon and topped at 75º. Didn't really expect the rain today. Lots of high school graduations today and hopefully the rain stops or they have the ceremonies indoors.
Bruiser went out and was roaming for awhile. Then he finally came in for his breakfast. After that he decided to nap on my mouse pad!
Picture of the Day ... timing is everything!
Interesting about "glass" that is used in movies, photos, and plays...
Sugar glass (also called candy glass, edible glass, and breakaway glass) is a brittle transparent form of sugar that looks like glass. It can be formed into a sheet that looks like flat glass or an object, such as a bottle or drinking glass. It is used to simulate glass in movies, photographs and plays. It is much less likely to cause injuries than real glass, and it easily breaks convincingly, making it an excellent choice for stunts.
Sugar glass is made by dissolving sugar in water and heating it to at least the "hard crack" stage approx 300 ° in the candy making process. Glucose or corn syrup is used to prevent the sugar from recrystallizing, by getting in the way of the sugar molecules forming crystals. Cream of tartar also helps by turning the sugar into glucose and fructose.
Because sugar glass is hygroscopic, it must be used soon after preparation, or it will soften and lose its brittle quality.
Asparagus and Double Smoked Bacon Popover
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:35 minutesTotal Time:45 minutes Servings: 4
Asparagus, double smoked bacon and leeks baked on a puffy popover topped with melted cheese!
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk, warm
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup gruyere, shredded
- Bring a pan with 1 inch of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook until it turns bright green.
- Rinse the asparagus under cold water and pat dry. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, and set aside on paper towels to drain reserving the grease in the pan.
- Add the leeks to the pan, saute until tender, about 2-4 minutes, set aside and turn off the heat.
- Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt.
- Mix the milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper and pour it into the pan.
- Sprinkle the asparagus, bacon, leeks and the cheese over the batter in the pan.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated 425º oven and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Historically this date.........
1692 – Port Royal, Jamaica, is hit by a catastrophic earthquake; in just three minutes, 1,600 people are killed and 3,000 are seriously injured.
1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
1982 – Priscilla Presley opens Graceland to the public; the bathroom where Elvis Presley died five years earlier is kept off-limits.
2013 – A gunman opens fire at Santa Monica College in Santa Monica, California, after setting a house on fire nearby, killing six people, including the suspect.
And births this date include...
1917 – Dean Martin, American singer, actor, and producer (d. 1995)
............gadz, I didn't know he looked so bad before he died!
On top of that...in the last picture he's in a bar and his pants are unbuttoned!!! HUH?
If you read his page and click on "personal life" he was quite the gad-about!!!
What a handsome guy back then!! and now, ugh.
Interesting, both VP Pence and President Trump were born in June, 7 days apart! President Trump's is Flag Day, June 14th, my wedding anniversary day!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo