Good 47º dark cloudy morning.
Boy, the rain came down hard at times yesterday, but never lasted long and the wind got wild! Just howling! On and off, on and off. At times the rain was blowing sideways! Ahhhhh..... washed windows! Power outages in several areas. We ended with 1/4" of rain, but the wind blew stuff everywhere! Today there is a 30% chance of rain. All that rain we were supposed to get never happened! This is how the day looked all yesterday....
More odd tattoos....
All of the flavors of a Bacon Cheeseburger in an easy one-pot casserole!
4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces pasta (gluten free for gluten free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat, about 5-7 minutes, set aside on paper towels to drain and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in the same pan over medium-high heat, about 5-7 minutes, and drain any excess grease.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pasta, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the pasta is al dente tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on the cheese and simmer, covered until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes, and serve garnished with the bacon.
Option: Omit the bacon.
Option: Add hot sauce to taste.
Option: Season with your favorite steak seasoning blend (like Montreal Steak Spice) instead of salt and pepper.
Option: Garnish with any of: fresh diced tomato, shredded lettuce, diced pickles, sliced green onions, or your favorite burger toppings.
Historically this date...........
1974 – At Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, Hank Aaron hits his 715th career home run to surpass Babe Ruth's 39-year-old record.
1992 – Retired tennis great Arthur Ashe announces that he has AIDS, acquired from blood transfusions during one of his two heart surgeries.
.........he died in 1993.
And births this date include....
1944 – Odd Nerdrum, Norwegian painter
Ok, never heard of this guy, but GEEZE with a name like that!!! Wonder if his middle name is Ball. It should be! His self portrait is of him nude...with a big fat belly. UGH.
1960 – John Schneider, American actor
A news post on line.... OMG, what? 3 dead 20 killed?????? I do think they meant 20 injured, but obviously nobody checked this before posting. Duh...........
Later I cooked some tortellini, some carrots, and garlic cloves. Mixed that all with some chopped cabbage, bacon bits, and a dressing of mayonnaise and lemon juice. When I dished it up I flaked some canned salmon on top. It was ok, but not something I'd make again.
Next was chair, wine, and TV .... Animal Cops Phoenix, NYPD Blue, Rookie Blue, and Chicago PD.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
This would be a perfect day to visit a zoo and be one of the millions of people who visit them each year. Enjoy seeing your favorite animals swinging from the trees or splashing in the water and have a fun-filled day.