On January 11, 1908, U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt declared the massive Grand Canyon in northwestern Arizona a national monument. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about one of the world’s natural wonders...
meteorological event called total cloud inversion filled the canyon with with a sea of fog making the Canyon not visible. Such events are so rare that National Park officials said the phenomenon is a once-in-a-decade occurrence.
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package cooked wild rice