Good 60º not as smokey morning. We topped at 103º yesterday and probably the same for today.
Yesterday was another stay in day because of the smoke. I did clean out a cupboard and got rid of a bunch of "stuff". Again because of the inversion layer, the smoke stayed down on the ground!
Here is a pup that my daughter Kristen has taken in to foster. She was found on the street in So. LA. NOT a good neighborhood! Her age is unknown and she weighs 4 pounds. How she survived is amazing! Her name is Rosie.
This is Rosie with Rico.....
This is napping Jasper....
Kristen also fostered Rico and Jasper, and then she adopted them.
Picture of the Day
Apropos, considering what today's special day is....
Interesting ... Blue Whale:
At 98 feet in length and 180 metric tons or more in weight, the blue whale is the largest known animal to have ever existed. The Blue Whale’s tongue weighs around 5,952 pounds, about the size of an average Asian Elephant and its heart weighs about 1,300 pounds and is the largest known in any animal. Not only is the heart similar in size to a mini-cooper car, but it is also comparable in weight. By comparison, the largest known dinosaur of the Mesozoic Era was Argentinosaurus, which is estimated to have weighed up to about half the weight of the largest blue whales.
Helpful Tips to make One Pot Jambalaya Pasta:
- You can prep the ingredients in advance.
- Adapt the recipe to fit your taste by adding more cajun seasoning if you like even more spicy cajun flavor. Add an additional 2 ounces of cream cheese if you like it creamier. Or omit the cheese and sauce all together to make it dairy free. You can even substitute some tomato sauce for the cheese to add additional flavor.
- You can omit the shrimp, if desired.
- This pasta tastes great (if not better) as leftovers so save some for later and reheat just prior to serving.
1/2 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 to 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
6 ounces Andouille sausage
2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 cup chicken broth
1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
1 small green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced chives, for garnish
- Season chicken with one tablespoon Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- In a 12” pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and sausage and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, sliced peppers, tomatoes and remaining Cajun seasoning. Stir then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir, add shrimp to the pan, recover and simmer an additional 7 minutes. Uncover and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Historically this date........
1866 – The United States Congress passes legislation authorizing the rank of General of the Army. Lieutenant General Ulysses S. Grant becomes the first to be promoted to this rank.
1946 – At Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis stage their first show as a comedy team.
1956 – Forty-five miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavyfog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
2010 – WikiLeaks publishes classified documents about the War in Afghanistan, one of the largest leaks in U.S. military history.
And births this date include.....
1915 – Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr., American lieutenant and pilot (d. 1944)
Later last evening about 7:30 I looked out and I could see my mountain!!!
And a little color in the sunset.....
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Hump Day. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo