Sorry, no blog today.
April Fools' Day or April Fool's Day (sometimes called All Fools' Day) is an annual celebration commemorated on April 1 by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes. The jokes and their victims are called April fools. People playing April Fool jokes often expose their prank by shouting "April fool(s)" at the unfortunate victim(s). Some newspapers, magazines and other published media report fake stories, which are usually explained the next day or below the news section in smaller letters. Although popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in every country. Little is known about the origins of this tradition.
Aside from April Fools' Day, the custom of setting aside a day for the playing of harmless pranks upon one's neighbor has historically been relatively common in the world.
Here are a number of April Fools pranks with photos...
Ok, so Good 48º raining morning. Topped at 76º yesterday!!! Summer?
Picture of the Day.....
Look close. What do you see??
If your family loves baked macaroni and cheese, then they're going to be so excited when you serve 'em a slice of this Macaroni and Cheese Pie. And, since you don't have to pre-cook the macaroni, you better believe this baked mac n cheese recipe is extra easy!
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º. Grease a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cheese and macaroni; sprinkle into pie plate.
- Place remaining ingredients, except remaining 1/4 cup cheese, in a blender jar and blend until smooth about 15 seconds on high speed (or 1 minute in a large bowl with a hand mixer). Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Cool 10 minutes then cut into wedges.
Historically this date.......
1924 – Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the "Beer Hall Putsch". However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
1954 – President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorizes the creation of the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado.
And births this date include...
1929 – Jane Powell, American dancer, actress, and singer
1932 – Debbie Reynolds, American actress (d.2016)
All I know. Nuff said. Happy April Fools Day Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo