Good 37º foggy sky and ice on the barn roof morning.
Throw Back Thursday ... 1954 Sue, the Brownie, at the San Diego Zoo
Last year it was the Dodgers and Red Sox World Series. Sadly the Red Sox won the series. This year it's the Washington Nationals and the Houston Astros.
Yesterday Mike came over to do some yard work. It's been 8 months since he was here, due to the 5 shots he received from that carjacker in February. He mowed and he trimmed the dead grapevines and blew the leaves off the road............
Picture of the Day....
Interesting about lightening..........
Lightning is a giant discharge of electricity accompanied by a brilliant flash of light. The average lightning bolt is five miles in length and only 1 inch in width. It only seems to appear bigger because the bolt is so bright. Lightning is extremely hot—a flash can heat the air around it to temperatures five times hotter than the sun’s surface. Lightning flashes more than 3 million times a day worldwide which equates to about 40 times a second. The average American has about a 1 in 5,000 chance of being struck by lightning during a lifetime.
Just recently this month a man in Texas was walking his dogs when he was struck by lightening! It blew his shoes and socks off. He survived, fortunately!
From Mr. Food.....
Are your mornings always a little hurried? No problem! With our easy to make breakfast recipe for Bacon 'n' Egg Cups you can prep ahead of time, and bake 'em right before breakfast. That way you can enjoy cheesy-bacon goodness even when you're in a rush!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce box)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 scallion, chopped and or some canned chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Cut pie crust into 4 equal pieces. Fit pieces over back of a cupcake tin, molding each to fit around a cup. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes, then remove from muffin cups and invert onto baking sheet.
- Reduce oven to 375º. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, bacon bits, scallion, 1/2 cup cheese, the salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon mixture equally into individual cups, and sprinkle each with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Historically this date.......
1861 – The First Transcontinental Telegraph line across the United States is completed, spelling the end for the 18-month-old Pony Express
1977 – Veterans Day is observed on the fourth Monday in October for the seventh and last time. (The holiday is once again observed on November 11 beginning the following year.)
2005 – Hurricane Wilma makes landfall in Florida resulting in 35 direct 26 indirect fatalities and causing $20.6B USD in damage.
And births this date include....
*** see above. Interesting story.
... I wonder if Fran was here today, would he (yes, a "he"!) 'Twitter'? Just think, a Twitter from Zwitter! Just being silly.
1960 – B.D. Wong, American actor
All I know. Nuff said Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo