Good 57º cloudy foggy slightly drizzling morning.
Yesterday it was cloudy and dark. No sun....
By 11:30 we finally got some sun, but still very cool, only 73º!
We topped at 83º
Here is the forecast until Wednesday.....
Picture of the Day .... shared by my Kristen... something we all need when we're busy or not at home! Bruiser would love it!
Interesting about the quick brown fox..........
The statement "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is an English-language pangram. It is a sentence that contains all of the letters of the alphabet. It is used in practice sessions to help individuals learn touch-typing skills. When testing typewriters and computer keyboards or displaying examples of fonts and other applications involving text, the statement will be used to apply all the letters in the alphabet. This is desired for clarification purposes. Owing to its brevity and coherence, the sentence is very well known among students, clerical staff, computer operators, etc.
- Makes: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 35 mins
- Bake 25 mins
- 2 10 3/4 - ounce cans reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 1/4 cups soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 16 - ounce packages frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 2 - 2 1/4 - pound purchased roasted chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- For sauce: In a medium bowl, combine condensed soup, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, half of the cheese, the lemon juice, curry powder and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, chicken and about two-thirds of the sauce. Turn mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top evenly with remaining sauce.
- Combine the remaining cheese and bread crumbs and the melted butter; sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350º oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Special birthday today, Ed Chenal (LASD ret.) is celebrating. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED!!
Historically this date.....
1883 – The Northern Pacific Railway (reporting mark NP) was completed in a ceremony at Gold Creek, Montana. Former president Ulysses S. Grant drove in the final "golden spike" in an event attended by rail and political luminaries.
... there is not enough room on this page to state my anger with liberal left-wing socialist trash who have caused the cessation of reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in our schools!
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
1975 – Gays in the military: US Air Force Tech Sergeant Leonard Matlovich, a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War, appears in his Air Force uniform on the cover of Time magazine with the headline "I Am A Homosexual". He is given a general discharge, which was later upgraded to honorable.
And births this date include....
Comb it, dude!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo