Good 34º cloudy dark morning.
Yesterday the rain came and went, but it stayed very dark and gloomy.
Today 44 years ago was my first date with Jerry. He treated me to steak and lobster dinner. We totally enjoyed the evening and each other. Instant love. From that day on we were always together.
Chili Mac & Cheese Casserole
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 cup French-fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray
2. In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
3. In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add 2 cups cheese and continue stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
4. Pour chili evenly over macaroni and cheese, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle French-fried onions over top.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and golden.
This is interesting...
Historically this date......
1919 – Oregon places a 1 cent per U.S. gallon tax on gasoline, becoming the first U.S. state to levy a gasoline tax.
1932 – Adolf Hitler obtains German citizenship by naturalization, which allows him to run in the 1932 election for Reichspräsident.
1964 – Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston, Ali took the title.
1991 – Gulf War: An Iraqi scud missile hits an American military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia killing 28 U.S. Army Reservists from Pennsylvania.
.........Rest in peace soldiers. God Bless you.
And births this date include...
Later for dinner I had Schwans Shrimp Spring Rolls with Thai sweet chili sauce and some ranch dip.... and some of those pickled mushrooms from Costco..
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo