Good 41º morning.
This morning's interesting sky....
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning!
10-5 is a radio code for "relay".
Yesterday started out with a few clouds and then cleared up beautifully....
Picture of the Day.....
Penguins going to church!
Interesting re "up the river"................
The term “up the river” as most people know refers to going to prison. If you ever watch any gangster films from the 1930’s or 40’s, one of the lines of dialogue that always pops up is: “up the river.” So where did the saying come from? The expression "up the river" to describe someone in prison or heading to prison derives from the practice of sentencing people convicted in New York City to serve their terms in Sing Sing. The prison is literally up the Hudson River from the city. The expression was eventually applied to anyone being sent to any prison. The expression dates back to the late 1800s.
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Parmesano Vino Bianco recipe with a creamy Parmesan white wine cream sauce so delicious it may transport you to Italy. A daydream trip to Venice, Italy is just 30 minutes away with this amazing Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Vino Bianco served over the most amazing linguine. Loaded with the most amazing flavor combinations, this is a must on your meal plan menu. A simple recipe ready in just 30 minutes makes this recipe a keeper.
- 1/2 pound dried linguine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped (divided)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (divided)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add linguine. Cook until al dente (tender but still with a bite to it), about 8-10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, set aside.
- Meanwhile: in a pie plate or shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir with a fork to blend. Place the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, one at a time. Press into the mixture with tongs and flip the chicken over to coat the other side. Shake off the excess.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place all 4 chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add butter, onion and garlic to pan. Cook until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup remaining flour to pan and whisk to combine. Add cream, lemon juice, wine, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Whisk until mixture is smooth. Add up to 1 cup of pasta water to help create the sauce.
- Add cooked pasta, half of scallions and half of tomatoes, stir to combine. Return chicken to skillet and allow it to warm. Sprinkle remaining scallions and tomatoes on top of skillet.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you are sensitive to alcohol you can substitute chicken stock for the wine.
Historically this date....
1905 – Wilbur Wright pilots Wright Flyer III in a flight of 24 miles in 39 minutes, a world record that stood until 1908.
1945 – Hollywood Black Friday: A six-month strike by Hollywood set decorators turns into a bloody riot at the gates of Warner Brothers' studios.
And births this date include..
1922 – Bil Keane, American cartoonist (d. 2011)
One of my all time favorite cartoons!
1923 – Glynis Johns, British actress
"my name José Jiménez....
Annie Oakley! I wanted to be her!
Oh look, she's with 'stupid' and she is 'stupid'!
1975 – Kate Winslet, English actress
Later I was watching a show, Murphy Brown. I remember watching it way back when, forgot what the show's premise was, and didn't even recognize Candice Bergen! Also in the show is Tyne Daily. She looked familiar, but I wasn't sure who she was.......Candice the blonde on the left and Tyne on the right...
The show is about investigating journalism and it's pretty liberal and I was unhappy at the slangs they made about the White House, the President, and other news shows. Interesting........ Sarah Huckabee Sanders made a cameo appearance on the show at a "news conference". https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/murphy-brown-crashes-sarah-huckabee-sanders-presser-to-call-her-out-for-lying/ar-BBNXQOM If any TV show is going to be political, NO THANK YOU! Not watching it.
Even the newest Chicago PD was crappy again! Sigh.................
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo