Good 29º everything is frozen foggy morning!
Yesterday there were lots of clouds, but the blue sky peeked through as well as some sun for a bit. Nice! I went outside to take a couple pictures...
OMGOSH, there was a crane out in the pasture! I have never seen one here!
He walked up the hill a bit and then when I turned my head he was gone!
At the same time there was one of my hummingbirds eating...
This is a Rufous hummingbird. Most migrate south in the winter, but a few of them stay here all winter. Must be tough little guys!!
My friend Lydia, down in Diamond Bar California took this photo of a hummingbird in her yard. She said he was a "poser" because he just sat there for the longest time.
He is a Broad-billed Hummingbird
This doubly good breakfast sandwich combines a load of favorites all in one! Imagine starting your day off with a hearty and melty Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons butter at room temperature, divided
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices slices Colby-Jack cheese
- 4 slices full-cooked bacon
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon butter until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large, soft curds. Continue cooking -- pulling, lifting, and folding eggs -- until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do NOT stir constantly. Remove from skillet.
- Spread remaining butter evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon. Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
Historically this date....
1933 – Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections. This later allows the Nazis to pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
1946 – Winston Churchill uses the phrase "Iron Curtain" in his speech at Westminster College, Missouri.
And births this date include....
1936 – Dean Stockwell, American actor
Here are some of the world's oddest houses.....
Later dinner was some of Schwans Orange Chicken, asparagus, and fried cheese curds. (fried in Air Fryer!) And some of those pickled mushrooms. They are addictive!
Then later, as the sun was moving towards setting we got some wild clouds....
Well, last night was one of the 4 Seasons in California... Here in Oregon we have 1. Winter 2. Spring 3. Summer 4. Fall, but California's are different: 1. Fires 2. Floods 3. Riots 4. Academy Awards ! I didn't watch because I don't know who any of those actors are anymore and I never go to the movies. So there!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo