Good 40º clear sunny morning.
Yesterday we got clouds, and it was breezy and cool. One day it's 90º and the next it's in the 60ºs .... and by the end of the day we were in the mid 70ºs.
A couple of deer out early, with a turkey watching them....
My friend Cathy has rescued a dog, Max, from Honduras. He was flown to California on 5-25. He is 6 months old. He had his right rear leg amputated recently. Cathy said he is the SWEETEST!! He does have that face!
I was watching Hawaii 5-0, rerun from 2014. Danny, who is played by Scott Caan, had his mother visiting. She was sooooo odd. For the life of me I couldn't figure out who she was in real life. I looked it up and lo and behold it was Melanie Griffith. OMGOSH. She has so changed!!!
Her life has been nuts.... 4 husbands, drugs, alcohol, nudity. Here's her bio:
Photo of the Day
Photobombed by the dog........
From Kevin the Closet Cook....
Cornbread Jalapeño Muffins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- Mix the buttermilk, butter, eggs and honey and mix in the mixture of the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, until just combined, before mixing in the cheddar, bacon and jalapeno peppers.
- Fill half of each hole in a greased, regular sized, 12 muffin, muffin pan, with the batter, top with the cream cheese, followed by the remaining batter and optionally a slice of jalapeno.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven until a toothpick pushed into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Top the muffins with jalapeno slices.
Historically this date......
1806 – Andrew Jackson kills Charles Dickinson in a duel after Dickinson had accused Jackson's wife of bigamy.
1842 – John Francis attempts to murder Queen Victoria as she drives down Constitution Hill, London with Prince Albert.
1883 – In New York City, a rumor that the Brooklyn Bridge is going to collapse causes a stampede that crushes twelve people.
1958 – Memorial Day: the remains of two unidentified American servicemen, killed in action during World War II and the Korean War respectively, are buried at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery
2005– American student Natalee Holloway disappears while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba, and caused a media sensation in the United States.
And births this date include....
... he sure WAS a hunk!
1936 – Ruta Lee, Canadian actress
.... WOW, she's sure still got IT~
1944 – Meredith MacRae, American actress (d. 2000)
.... sad sad sad .... brain cancer.
1958 – Michael Lopez-Alegria, astronaut
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Hump Day. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo