Picture of the Day ... LOL
Interesting about Tom Selleck.....
Thomas William Selleck (b.Jan 29, 1945) is an American actor, film producer, and California Army National Guard veteran. He is most known for starring as private investigator Thomas Magnum in the television series “Magnum, P.I.” (1980–1988), as Peter Mitchell in “Three Men and a Baby”, and as NYPD Commissioner Francis "Frank" Xavier Reagan in “Blue Bloods” on CBS since 2010.
Selleck was born in Detroit, Michigan, to housewife Martha Selleck (née Jagger) (1921–2017) and Robert Dean Selleck (1921–2001), who was an executive and real estate investor.
Selleck's family moved to Sherman Oaks, California, during his childhood. He has an elder brother Robert (born 1944), a sister Martha (born 194?), and a younger brother Daniel (born 1950).
Selleck's first television appearance was as a college senior on the American television show “The Dating Game” in 1965, and again in 1967 – losing both times! Soon after, he appeared in commercials for products such as Pepsi-Cola. His first TV acting role was as a barfly on the CBS Western series “Lancer” in 1969.
Prior to acting, Selleck was awarded a basketball scholarship to the University of Southern California (USC). Tom also played baseball and was told by Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle that he had “major league potential.” Even though he chose to pursue acting instead and dropped out of USC, Selleck ultimately got his shot as a ballplayer. In 1991, he spent three weeks as a member of the Tigers in spring training, prepping for his role in “Mr. Baseball” (1992).
Jillie Mack was born on December 25, 1957 in Devizes, Wiltshire, England as Jillie Joan Mack. She is an actress, known for Magnum, P.I. (1980), Silverfox (1991) and Frasier(1993). She has been married to Tom Selleck since August 7, 1987. They have one child.
Selleck and his family live in Thousand Oaks-Westlake Village, California, on a 60-acre (24 ha) avocado ranch in Hidden Valley formerly owned by Dean Martin. In a 2012 interview with People, Selleck talked about living and working on his ranch: "So I like to get outside and work on the ranch, from fixing roads to clearing brush. I hate going to the gym, so sweating outdoors sure beats sitting on a stationary bike staring at my navel. And I work cheaper than anyone I could hire to do it."
If you want to read more... go here:
From the Slow Roasted Italian...
Blueberry dump cake is the easiest cake recipe you’ll ever make. It’s moist, and delicious! Make this 4-ingredient recipe for dessert tonight!
Blueberry Dump Cake
- (2) 21-ounce cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, sliced into thin pats (about 48)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter or spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the blueberry pie filling to the bottom of the baking dish, and using a rubber spatula, spread it evenly over the surface of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the blueberry filling, distribute evenly. Shake the pan, to make sure the cake mix is spread evenly.
- Place pats of butter evenly over the top of the cake mix
- Lastly, sprinkle the fresh blueberries over the top
- Bake the Blueberry Dump Cake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Start checking on the cake after 40 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven and let it just slightly cool on a cooling rack.
- Scoop cake into bowls, top with vanilla ice cream. Serve warm.
Historically this date.....
1918 – World War I: German fighter ace Manfred von Richthofen, known as "The Red Baron", is shot down and killed over Vaux-sur-Somme in France.
1982 – Baseball: Rollie Fingers of the Milwaukee Brewers becomes the first pitcher to record 300 saves.
And births this date include.....
1889 – Efrem Zimbalist, Russian-born American concert violinist (d. 1985)
1915 – Anthony Quinn, Mexican-born American actor (d. 2001)
1980 – Tony Romo, American football player
Last night on the 6 o'clock news, Jack Church showed my cloud picture....
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo