Good 31º . We topped out at 45º yesterday.
Sun came out yesterday morning and there was snow on my mountain... of course it was still only 37º.
Up on I-5 at our Siskiyou Summit yesterday morning and at Hilt:
Throw Back Thursday.... 2006 our "seasonal creek" over the top............. get out the kayak!!!
Can you stand another drumstick recipe? This one is GOOD! Crispy Oven Fried Drumsticks:
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to teaspoon ground red pepper (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- **3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk or regular
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinless
- Cooking spray
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately. Serve with Ranch dressing, if desired.
- No messy frying here! These are 'oven-fried.' The cereal gives these drumsticks their crunchy coating. Go for the 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper for more spice, but for the kiddos, you might want to stick to 1/4 teaspoon. Don't forget the ranch dressing for dipping!
**When making "southern fried chicken" I always dipped the pieces in buttermilk prior to the flour coating.
Special birthday today.... Jo Ann Kirk (wife of infamous Joe Kirk LASD ret) ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO ANN!!!
Historically this date....
1937 – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the world's first full-length animated feature, premieres at the Carthay Circle Theater.
1968 – Apollo program: Apollo 8 launched from the Kennedy Space Center, placing its crew on a lunar trajectory for the first visit to another celestial body by humans.
1988 – A bomb explodes on board Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, killing 270.
And births this date include....
1922 – Paul Winchell, American ventriloquist (d. 2005)
1935 – Phil Donahue, American talk show host
L-R Mike Love, Al Jardine, Brian Wilson, Dennis Wilson (d. at 39), Carl Wilson (d. at 51)
1957 – Ray Romano, Italian-American comedian
1966 – Kiefer Sutherland, British-born Canadian actor
He's got the longest name of anyone I ever heard of! Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland!
I made a quick trip into GP to Safeway for a few groceries (what I can't get from Omaha Steaks and Schwans!!! like wine and chicken to cook for Dude!) and quickly back home prior to it getting dark.
Later chair (shared with Bruiser), wine, TV...
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
Yeah! The shortest day of the year....... that means they are going to start to get longer!!! YIPPPEEEE, come on Spring!