What do you get when you pair BBQ-smothered, juicy chicken thighs with homemade coleslaw, and place it between the buns of a crusty roll? Just the most incredible Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich you've ever tasted! This sandwich is summer spectacular!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 kaiser or potato rolls, cut in half and toasted
***Wanna give this a rich, smoky flavor? Cook it or reheat it in a cast iron skillet on the grill. It's perfect for summer entertaining!