Good 27º foggy morning.
Yesterday some sun finally came through about 1pm and we warmed to 48º!
And a couple Toms were sittin' on the fence enjoying it!
OH SHOOT! I DID IT AGAIN. WRONG DATE. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IS FOR TOMORROW THE 12TH. SORRY. BRAIN FART!!!!
Historically this date..........
1985 – Arrow Air Flight 1285 crashes after takeoff in Gander, Newfoundland killing 256, including 236 members of the United States Army's 101st Airborne Division.
And births this date include....
Jr. sure looked like Sr. !
1940 – Dionne Warwick, American singer
1952 – Cathy Rigby, American gymnast and actress
Here are some funny signs....
.... and this is one I have:
Because it's Noodle Ring Day....
This will go with almost any main dish...
A Mr Food Test Kitchen recipe....
- 1 (8-ounce) package fine egg noodles
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (1-ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare noodles
according to package directions; drain. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
Add noodles and gently stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared
Bundt pan, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and light golden. Allow to sit 5 minutes, then carefully invert onto a platter and serve
Later, chair, wine, TV.... and they were mostly "children's" shows.... Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman, Frosty Returns, and The Muppets Take Manhattan!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Noodle Ring Day
This is a day for comforting baked pasta. Popular during the mid 1900's. A noodle ring is a dish made of flat noodles, or any other type of flat pasta, baked in a ring mold or bundt pan.
Because of their striking look and simplicity, noodle rings have been a dinner party favorite for generations. They can easily take up the centerpiece of any dinner table. They can be a great treat for vegetarians, but work well with chicken and sauce too.